Now Hiring: Remodeling Project ManagerJob Type: Full-Time Project Design, Coordination, and Drafting
Job Category: Office
Job Location: Wichita, Kansas
Bringing Customers’ Visions to Life
Southwestern Remodeling is the premier home remodeling company in Wichita, Kansas. We believe successful home remodeling projects are a combination of planning, communication, and execution, which has earned us the designation as Wichita’s “Best Remodeling Company.”
Job Description: Project Design, Coordination, and Drafting
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Commission sharing
- Production bonuses
- 40-50 hour work weeks (no weekends)
- Site visits to procure accurate measurements for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assist in the sales and production of a wide array of project categories
- Producing detailed and accurate Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings
- Assisting sales staff during the design and sales process in one-on-one client meetings
- Assisting in ordering materials such as kitchen cabinets, tile, windows, flooring, trusses, etc.
- Preparing building permits and monitoring the approval process
- Participating in on-site pre-construction meetings to assist in the sales to production handoff
- Working with ownership on various showroom management duties such as display organization and layout
Preferred Skill Set and Experience
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD or equivalent software
- Functional knowledge of interior and cabinet design software, preferably 20/20 or Chief Architect
- Experience with kitchen design and layout (interior design for color and textures not necessary)
- Experience in structural design and function (roof tie-ins, truss design, and structural components of residential construction)
- Functional knowledge of building codes
- Ability to take a wide array of projects from site measure to design to field handoff, including room additions, large scale outdoor living projects, decks and roof structures, interior reconfigurations, kitchens, baths, and basement finishings
- Strong communication skills as a liaison between the sales staff, the client, and the field staff
- Experience in the building permit application process
Why Join Our Team?
As a family-owned and operated company, Southwestern Remodeling strives to create the culture we want to work within. As a result, our staff of close to 40 dedicated employees includes:
- Two generations of ownership.
- A sales team with more than 100 years of combined tenure.
- An average tenure of 10 years for all employees.
- An all-employee staff of career craftsmen.
Employee Compensation and Benefits
Southwestern Remodeling is known for providing competitive wages and industry-leading employee benefits. We want our employees to take pride in caring for their families!
The health of our staff and customers is a top priority at Southwestern Remodeling. As such, we have enforced distancing and other safety measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.