Now Hiring: Experienced Residential AutoCAD Designer/DrafterJob Type: Full-Time Project Design, Coordination, and Drafting
Job Category: Office
Job Location: Wichita, Kansas
Bringing Customers’ Visions to Life
Southwestern Remodeling is the premier home remodeling company in Wichita, Kansas. We believe successful home remodeling projects are a combination of planning, communication, and execution, which has earned us the designation as Wichita’s “Best Remodeling Company.”
Job Description: Project Design, Coordination, and Drafting
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
- Commission sharing
- Production bonuses
- 40-50 hour work weeks (no weekends)
- Site visits to procure accurate measurements for Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings to assist in the sales and production of a wide array of project categories
- Producing detailed and accurate Computer-Aided Design (CAD) drawings
- Assisting sales staff during the design and sales process in one-on-one client meetings
- Preparing building permits and monitoring the approval process
- Participating in on-site pre-construction meetings to assist in the sales-to-production handoff
Preferred Skill Set and Experience
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD or equivalent software
- Experience in structural design and function (roof tie-ins, truss design, and structural components of residential construction)
- Functional knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of functional interior room design and layout
- Ability to take a wide array of projects from site measure to design to field handoff, including room additions, large-scale outdoor living projects, decks and roof structures, interior reconfigurations, kitchens, baths, and basement finishings
- Strong communication skills as a liaison between the sales staff, the client, and the field staff
- Experience in the building permit application process
Why Join Our Team?
As a family-owned and operated company, Southwestern Remodeling strives to create the culture we want to work within. As a result, our staff of close to 40 dedicated employees includes:
- Two generations of ownership.
- A sales team with more than 100 years of combined tenure.
- An average tenure of 10 years for all employees.
- An all-employee staff of career craftsmen.
Employee Compensation and Benefits
Southwestern Remodeling is known for providing competitive wages and industry-leading employee benefits. We want our employees to take pride in caring for their families!
The health of our staff and customers is a top priority at Southwestern Remodeling. As such, we have enforced distancing and other safety measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.