What to Do Before Bathroom Remodeling | Wichita
As a leading provider of bathroom remodeling in Wichita, Kansas, Southwestern Remodeling understands that enduring a bathroom remodel can be a challenge, especially in a busy household with limited bathrooms. However, with a little bit of planning, you can make the process a lot easier!
Plan for Product Lead Times
If you are using a bathroom remodeling company like Southwestern Remodeling, speak with your sales consultant about product lead times. For customers who can only be without the use of their bathroom for a very short period of time, we can suggest the use of in-stock products that are already available locally or have fast shipping options. Otherwise, we will want to schedule the project further out to account for the lead time involved with obtaining custom products or products shipped from other countries.
Along with discussing product lead times with your sales consultant, you should also have a detailed conversation about logistics during the project.
- Ask about dust control, such as plastic sheeting, and how flooring and carpeting will be protected.
- Determine where the staging area will be when materials arrive. Before the bathroom remodel, you will want to prepare the area by clearing it out, protecting the floors and covering any remaining furniture.
- Find out how trash and debris will be taken offsite as well as where workers will park. You may need to provide room for a dumpster and parking.
- Ask if and how cleanup will occur each day. For example, Southwestern Remodeling cleans up every job site at the end of every day.
Limit Your Inconvenience
During a bathroom remodel, the number of family members using the available bathroom may double or even triple. However, you can limit the inconvenience with a little planning.
- Consider reducing the number of products everyone within the home will be utilizing by sharing shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- Utilize a toiletry bag to transport personal toiletries from bedrooms to the bathroom.
- Schedule everyone’s bathroom routines, even if that means some changing their bathroom routine to night rather than morning or vice versa.
- Utilize other spaces for functions that do not have to be performed in the bathroom, such as doing hair and makeup in the bedrooms. Additionally, designate a powder room or half-bathroom as the place for teeth-brushing and face-shaving.
Contact Southwestern Remodeling
Southwestern Remodeling has the experience and capabilities to create the bathrooms of your dreams. We offer free in-home consultations to all new customers, so we encourage you to contact the leaders in bathroom remodeling in Wichita at (316) 263-1239 to schedule yours!