Graphic Backsplashes Set the Tone For The Rest of Your New Kitchen
Backsplashes protect the area between your countertops and cabinets. Backsplashes, however, are not only practical but provide a great way to add color, texture and style to your kitchen decor. There are several ways you can spice up your kitchen with beautifully designed backsplashes.
Graphic Tile Patterns
The great thing about graphic backsplashes is that the options are almost endless. The Spruce presents a variety of gorgeous graphics in a wide range of colors and textures. Whether you’re looking for elegant designs and subtle tones or brash geometrics in bold colors, there are graphic tiles to fit everyone’s style. Chic geometric designs can completely change the look and feel of almost any kitchen.
Add Color to Your Island
While your backsplash can set the tone for your kitchen with intricate designs and patterns, your island can be your centerpiece by adding bright color to the room. HGTV suggests a variety of unique ways you can add a colorful island to your kitchen. Coordinating your island, countertops and backsplashes with the same vivid color scheme can set a dramatic tone for the entire kitchen. Almost any style and design can be incorporated into these few elements when you’re remodeling.
Go Neutral for Countertops
Countertops normally take up a large portion of your kitchen, making them vitally important. They often set the tone and style of a kitchen. This makes it incredibly important that you choose the right type of countertops so your decorating options aren’t limited down the road. Neutral colors go with nearly everything but can still be stylish and eye-catching. A neutral tone will generally open up a kitchen and make it appear larger and airy. Even when going neutral there are lots of options.
- Polished Finish – A smooth, polished finish is relatively easy to maintain and provides an even surface for meal preparation.
- Textured Finish – Textures can be brushed or leathered to provide a rustic look. A matte finish that has little to no shine can also be used on your countertops.
- Quartz – Quartz is amazingly strong and stain-resistant. It’s available in a variety of colors and textures and looks similar to natural stone.
- Granite – Granite is durable and attractive. It is, however, porous. You need to seal a granite countertop to keep it from easily staining.
- Marble – Marble, like granite, is a natural stone that can stain easily. Marble, however, provides several types of unique designs and natural veining.
Choose Custom Cabinets
Your cabinets are a major aspect of your entire kitchen. Customizing your cabinets means they’re built specifically for you and your kitchen. When choosing the type of cabinets you’ll want it’s important to keep the backsplash in mind. Houzz provides an example of how cabinets and a backsplash can work together for dramatic results when remodeling a kitchen. A colorful backsplash sets the style for the entire room while emphasizing beautifully designed cabinets. There are several types of cabinets to choose from.
- Wood – Classic wood cabinets provide an almost endless amount of options. Everything from walnut, maple and cherry to more exotic wood types such as mahogany and lyptus can be chosen.
- Glass – Glass cabinets are a great way to showcase beautiful dishes and glasses. You can go minimalist with plain glass or choose frosted or decorative glass.
- Stainless Steel – If you’re thinking of having stainless steel appliances, adding stainless steel cabinets can create a stylish, modern look for your kitchen. These types of cabinets are sturdy and stain resistant.
For more insight on home remodeling, Wichita-based Southwestern Remodeling Contractors are experts at designing beautiful kitchens. Locally owned since 1970, they can provide expert kitchen, bathroom, and outdoor remodeling. Contact Southwestern Remodeling Contractors today for more information regarding Wichita home remodeling.