Lovely Room Additions | Wichita KS Remodeling
Whether you need more space for the in-laws, your parents, other family or friends, the decision to add another room to your home is a personal choice filled with exciting possibilities. But if you’re doing a room remodel, you’ll want to have a plan in place. Here’s how to get started with your room addition remodel.
Home Remodeling Budget
Planning room renovations are fun and exciting, but if you don’t know what your budget is, you won’t get very far. That’s why it’s critical to determine how much you plan to spend before you begin your project. Your budget is the determining factor on how lavish or how minimalist you can go with your preferred aesthetic for your room. Before adding any room to your home, consider any roadblocks that can add to the costs of your room addition remodel, such as building permits. Your budget should account for material and labor, such as pay for the contractors you hire. Also, consider alternatives for lowering the cost of your project.
What’s Your Style?
Your style plays an integral role in creating lovely room additions. Thus, it’s important to understand which style you’re drawn to and identify your preferred style before beginning your remodeling project. If you’re not sure which style to choose, search online or flip through some magazines for inspiration. You can also take note of the spaces you’re attracted to in real life when you visit places to eat, entertainment spots or even a friend’s home. There are lots of styles to choose from, too. Here are some popular design styles to consider for room additions:
- Modern. This style is all about what is currently “in” today sans clutter, including popular furnishings or neutral color palettes of the moment accentuated with a sleek and clean look.
- Contemporary. Similar to modern style, this look sports clean lines but is accentuated with bold solid-colored accessories and furniture, and emphasizes basic forms and shapes.
- Eclectic. This style breaks all the rules of design and gives you a chance to mix different designs.
- Traditional. This style, ideal for introducing warm color palettes in a room balanced with soft furnishings, draws inspiration from the Colonial Era.
- Industrial. This style is a nod to the gritty, textural look of factories and Industrial Revolution-style lofts with utilitarian furniture, neutral or brick-colored palettes, and metal and wood accents.
- Coastal. This style includes beach-themed accessories and nautical colors (such as blues), starfish paintings and/or sand-colored carpets.
Set a Plan for Your Home Remodel
Before you buy one item for your room addition remodel, it’s crucial to get organized. Put a plan in place and consider the purpose of the room. Are you creating a room to house temporary guests, or will the room serve a purpose as the semi-permanent home for an in-law or college student? Determine the purpose of the room. Also, think about the room’s location, lighting, windows, outdoor access, and ceiling. By having a plan in place, you can save time and money for your room addition remodel.
Get Started With Your Room Addition Remodel
Knowing your budget and style and setting a plan is just the beginning of your room addition remodel. Executing a room addition remodel requires a team who understands what it takes to get the project done on time and correctly. That’s why it’s important to have a team of experts on your side. You don’t have to tackle a room addition remodel on your own, either.
Wichita, KS-based Southwestern Remodeling offers professionals in the room addition remodeling business with the experience and expertise that can help you achieve the look you want. Southwestern Remodeling’s expert team of contractors will help you transform your house into a home that’s the quintessential environment for your entire family. Check out Southwestern Remodeling for more information on room additions and home remodeling.